Come working with us on a very exciting project!
Post-doctorate position - Molecular Genomicist in Plants - Toulouse (France)
The French Plant Genomic Resources Center (CNRGV) located at the Toulouse INRA campus is opening a 2-years postdoc position in plant genomic field. The project is founded by the Carnot Institute Plant2Pro, which objective is to foster innovations to serve the competitiveness of plant production. The post-doctorate position involves collaboration with two other laboratories, the Laboratory of Plant Microbes Interactions (INRA-LIPM) and the Laboratory of Analysis and Architecture of Systems (CNRS-LAAS). The project aims at developing new approaches to more efficiently focus on genomic regions of interest in plants in order to understand how plants resist, adapt and evolve. The strategy will be based on CRISPR/cas9 method or Sequence Capture By Hybridization (SCH) approach taking into account the NGS.
- Design and lead research projects in molecular genomics
- Coordinate research efforts between multiple scientific teams in an international context
- Promote developed solutions through presentations and publications
- Monitor technological and scientific watch Required profile
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology
- Expertise in Genomics and NGS technologies
- Highly motivated and creative
- Significant interest in new technologies
- Good English level
- Sense of initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team and to act as coordinator for specific projects
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary context
- Experiences on CRISPR technology and/or plant genomics and/or development of innovative protocol would be appreciated.
The 2-years project would ideally start in April 2017.